Sunday, May 2, 2010

Google Inc

A hot-cake "The Google story" by David A. Vise sold like anything in market few years back. Self stated businessmen, enterpreneur, students, managers everyone read this book. Even I purchased this book! The success story of college students, the first payment changing the name of company there are many more things about this Google.
When I received gmail invitation in 2004, I felt so proud of it. I moved from indiatimes to gmail and you can create account only via invitation that made me so proud! I started stating that having email account in Google is like good status and only intelligent people will get invited. What more, when I sent request to one of my friend here is the response
"Thank u for sending me the invitation. I have created my account successfully in Gmail. However I need not send this news to u because this news will be given to U automatically byGmail people as I have learnt. "
So easy, Google does everything for us :) Here comes the problem. 
Now I am worried too much about Google. First ever bad news I heard is that Google maps is showing all Indian military bases on web. A wide open invitation to our beloved neighbors! No doubt, I was happy to see top view of my house sitting away by 600 KM! Google became so strong that, there is nothing which they didn't touch. Orkut, YouTube, Andriod, Chrome and a new trend of waves! One and only the GOOGLE; Almighty in internet world.
It was Chinese government, questioned about Google! There are many reasons behind like security, local policies, culture and impact by Google. Few days before when I heard about banning of Google in China I really felt bad for IT industry workers in China :) (There was a recent news that Google was hacked by Chinese just like the news Chinese hacked Indian Govt. site) China government promoted Baidu, a Chinese search engine.
There are thousands of helping hand if you have Google. Everything You need is a click away starting from a calculator to white papers and everything else which you don't want also. For IT industry Google is the BOSS. We cannot survive without Google. But think about it for a moment. We are so addicted to Google that Google brand is always in #1. Most unknown secrets about you are present in your Google account. Imagine someone making it public! Even this blog is under the shadow of Google. 
Such a power to one name Google, doesn't sound good. It says something worst is yet to happen! We like dog when it is one month old, but after a year or so sometimes even we are afraid to go near! But we only feed good food for its growth. 
  One has to think about monopoly of Google wisely! When it comes to me, Yes I am worried! And now is the time I have to think about relocating at least few information away from Google. There is no privacy at all! Everything is Globally published and what more, if Google goes down with present situation, IT will fall sick. And many of us feel proud to say that we are dependent on Google. Last year movie, Da Vinci Code starring Tom Hanks represented Google in many conversions and dependency on Google.
Do you know what is the informal slogan of Google? 
Don't be evil
Very contradictory to its victory!

-PC

2 comments:

  1. Yes.. Its very true. Google slowly started its monopoly in internet world. I agree that its very useful. But it does not have right to disclose any country's or person's private details.

    We have to think this matter seriously. If it continues like this, sooner Google will be banned in India also.

    Thank you PC for nice article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google has been very cleverer in making itself A big brand, a household name in the present IT driven generation... or shud i say the generation is IT driven due to google's contribution..! which includes the non CS background ppl as wel...

    It has created its own space n value in MOST of our lives...
    Its a synonym for 'search' today...
    We say "Google abt so n so.."

    I learnt abt the meaning of the word 'google'.. from 'Vicky'.. the Robotic character in an old tv show 'SMALL WONDER'... it was stated to be a HUGE n quite unimaginable numerical value...
    But it already seems to ve reached its literary meaning in terms of its SPACE over the net AND it is growing further..!

    Its indeed alarming to pay attention to the security issues...

    Quite ironically.. here we can see how WE are using google itself to make ppl aware of its threats...! Doesnt that reassure us abt wat u ve stated..!?

    Indeed its contradicting "DONT BE EVIL"!!

    ReplyDelete