Saturday, February 20, 2010

Crack Me If U 3-1-14

Cryptography - derived from the Greek kryptos, meaning hidden; the science of information security.

People who fall in love or people who hate books both know basics of this language very easily! I posted a 143 message in the news paper which can be understood to only one person; I was into 12th Std or PUC II that time :)

Chit preparation for tests/exams is another great piece of art :)

I did my primary/high school education in a district where exam is actually a combined effort of whole family. Big brothers are known to take big risks to jump off the compound and through answer chits. Intelligent brothers utilize their intelligence to identify readymade answers from MLQ (Most likely questions Bank) or guide books and obedient juniors making many copies of those answers (we didn’t have photo copier, popularly known as zerox machine). Parents will also contribute! Parents ensure that you sit in a exam hall which is convenient to send questions and receive answers and to choose a GOOD supervisor who can help in scoring. Well, none of these techniques need cryptography. It was only when I came to engineering I realized that cryptography is required as its individual effort that takes you high in engineering. Pitta, one of my friends is known to prepare small yet wonderful chits! I still read in news paper about new techniques and achievement of supervisor to recognize it. Well, if you are not caught you are not a thief! Innovation never stops in this category!

I got first crypt letter from my friend in 1998, when I was in eighth standard. Our postman kept that 15 paisa card with him for 3 days to understand what is written. Finally he delivered it to my dad even when it was addressed to me! We used very simple logic of understanding, replacing all alphabets by numbers and whole letter had only numbers! (Except the address, otherwise I could not receive it). I can write hello as 8-5-12-12-15, so simple yet encrypted.

Those who are fan of Dan Brown may know lot about crypt, krypton. The Da Vinci Code which starts with symbolism- ancient form of cryptography, had importance of Fibonacci numbers. I exchanged many letters with my potential girl friend in these coded forms. Even well known series prison break reveals different techniques to communicate symbolically. Obliviously I don’t want to disclose my techniques over here 

Too much involvement in anything is not good and this incident is an example.
          bldy bst idt htu
          asd scrdl . . . . .
I seldom get message from her. I read this message just two days prior to semester exam. I noted down and tried to crack it on the spot; I couldn’t solve it in net cafĂ©. Later I spent one full day. All permutations, combinations, all methods which we discussed; I even referred old letters to find a clue. Finally I got a Big Zero.I didn’t study cryptography as a subject till that day and I didn’t even know that such subject exists for study. At one corner I felt she just typed randomly, there was nothing to say. But my roommate who doesn’t even know the spelling of cryptography cracked this simple message! OMG! She used such bad words to shout on me? My roommate had good chance to use all those words on me :(

Don’t wanna bore much, below is one of such ciphered message! If you can crack then send a mail to this crack -> pramodchakravarti@gmail.com

Good luck !!!


283617 2837271859 581917151929, 283617 2837271859 581917151929,
283617 2837271859 581917151929, 5958 493827
3728, 171927 17593827 281938 463816461916, 47366719 281938 463816461916
283617 2837271859 581917151929, 5958 493827


PS: This is a clear message and no any bad words are used :) Also I hope I didnt do any mistake while encoding this message!

One clue: Whatever written above is in Hindi but english words. Just like I wrote Aaj, Kal air Aajkal :)

-PC

2 comments: